Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Movie name

'आखिर नाम में क्या रखा है' (what's in the name) or 'don't judge a book by its cover', seems not so true for Hindi movies. After looking at names like 'Tere Bin Laden', 'Once upon a time in Mumbai' or 'I hate luv storys' and watching these movies make me wonder whether script writers come up with interesting titles before working on the substance. Well, there is nothing wrong in it. Though, some titles, like 'Tashan' and forthcoming 'Lafangey Parindey', seem like it is all about the name. So, here is what I usually do. I avoid seeing movies with overtly catchy names, much like avoiding brightly colored creatures in wild. A simple assumption there. However, I found that I was right almost every time.

For poor script writers, maybe it is normal, just like giving your child the best name before bringing her up to the true potential.

(Thinking about the name of my blog? Catchy and copied isn't it. After all it is not a script.)

No comments:

Post a Comment